As a member, you can take advantage of great opportunities for networking while continuing to learn at every event CSME offers, including:
Informative, entertaining seminars
CSME hosts four professional development events a year, including evening mixers and breakfast sessions with dynamic guest speakers addressing topics that are relevant, timely and engaging for Canadian editors. Our awards gala celebrates the work of editors and brands, and our annual summer patio party offers a chance to relax and have a drink with fellow magazine editors and art directors.
Editors’ Choice Awards
CSME members are entitled to enter the prestigious Editors’ Choice Awards, where editors choose the best Canadian magazines and websites across multiple categories. A CSME membership is required for entry. Winners are announced at the Editors’ Gala held in June.
– Individual Rate: $125 / person
For individuals (editors, writers, art directors and other industry professionals). *Note that one individual membership cannot be used for multiple brand entries in the CSME Editors’ Choice Awards.
– Brand Rate: $450 / Masthead
Covering everyone on a single publication’s masthead. Patron members also receive logo recognition on the CSME website.
– Publisher Rate: $750 / Group
For $750, a publisher will receive memberships for its entire group of magazines, which includes 50% off entry to CSME events for all the publisher’s employees and free entry to the Editors’ Choice Awards for all its magazines—consumer, trade or custom.
• The membership fee is a flat rate for the calendar year (i.e., January through December), regardless of when it is purchased during that year. There is no carryover. The year you see on the membership purchase button is the year you are getting.
• Students and recent grads (in the calendar year during which they graduated) receive members’ admission rates to all paid CSME events. Please note that this does not include entry to the members’ barbecue.
• PayPal automatically sends us your name and email address and the payment information, which we will enter into our records. If you have further information to discuss, please email us at csmeadmin AT canadianeditors DOT com.
• Newsletter signup is separate from membership. If you don’t yet receive our newsletter and would like to, please do so on the newsletter page.