Sign up now for an individual or patron membership covering January – December 2017.
Why join CSME?
• member discounts at CSME events and many other industry professional development seminars
• opportunities to network with peers and mentors
• eligibility to enter your magazine in the Editors’ Choice Awards
• free use of the Magazine of the Year logo for Editors’ Choice Award winners
• be part of the unified voice of Canadian magazine editors
• leverage your membership to learn first-hand about job opportunities or build a mentoring relationship with other editors
• support for editorial standards and integrity
• opportunity to contribute to the health and strength of the industry
As a member, you can take advantage of great opportunities for networking while continuing to learn at every event CSME offers, including:
Informative, entertaining luncheons and mixers
CSME hosts a minimum of two luncheons and two evening mixers per year, which feature dynamic guest speakers addressing topics that are relevant, timely and engaging for Canadian editors. Join us for our annual summer barbecue — nothing formal, just relaxed fun with your editing colleagues.
CSME editors’ gala
CSME closes its season with a fabulous awards gala in June.
Editors’ Choice Awards
CSME members are entitled to enter the prestigious Editors’ Choice Awards, where your peers choose the best in Canadian magazines. CSME membership is required for entry. Winners are announced at the Editors’ Gala held in June at MagNet.
A strong editorial voice starts with you and your membership.
– Individual Rate: $125 / person
Covering individuals (editors, writers, industry freelancers and other individuals interested in CSME events.
– Patron Rate: $450 / Masthead
Covering everyone on a single publication’s masthead. Patron members also receive logo recognition on the CSME website.
– *NEW* Publisher Rate: $750 / Group
For $750, a publisher will receive memberships for its entire group of magazines, which includes 50% off entry to CSME events for all the publisher’s employees and free entry to the Editors’ Choice Awards for all its magazines—consumer, trade or custom.
• The membership fee is a flat rate for the calendar year (i.e., January through December), regardless of when it is purchased during that year. There is no carryover. The year you see on the membership purchase button is the year you are getting.
• Students and recent grads (in the calendar year during which they graduated) receive members’ admission rates to all paid CSME events. Please note that this does not include entry to the members’ barbecue.
• PayPal automatically sends us your name and email address and the payment information, which we will enter into our records. If you have further information to discuss, please email us at csmeadmin AT canadianeditors DOT com.
• Newsletter signup is separate from membership. If you don’t yet receive our newsletter and would like to, please do so on the newsletter page.
• If you prefer not to pay via PayPal, please email us and we can arrange an alternative means of payment.
$125 for individual 2017 membership
$450 for patron 2017 membership
$750 for publisher 2017 membership